Possibly male discovered farming and bug control techniques nearly all at once, and since then, the battle is on. Now, as if farming pests were insufficient, there is a big hazard of domestic pests, too. Which termites, or white ants as they are usually called, are most dreaded as they eat almost anything organic. Surprisingly enough, they can bore through six feet thick concrete and live for ages without food.
Pest Control Methods
Pest control techniques largely differ for domestic and farming applications. Conventional methods of bug control in agriculture generally included crop rotation, selective breeding and buddy planting. Low flying aircrafts are made use of in spraying chemical pesticides over large fields.
Chemical pest control methods are quite old and are stated to be in practice because 4000 or 4500 years. However closer to pyrethrum, date and derris were presented which were followed by much better artificial pesticides like DDT and other herbicides.
The Domestic Scenario
Domestic bug problem is practically entirely different. The major pests that bother us are termites, rodents, mosquitoes and bed bugs.
How Do You Know?
An extensive assessment of critical areas (without taking apart) by professionals exposes whether your home is plagued by termites or is vulnerable for attacks. Inspection might require instruments sometimes.
Bug Control Agencies
Living beagles can ferret out the termites. Protimeter for mold detection, scanning and acoustic infrared sensing units, fractometers and resistographs are other instruments usually utilized by the firms.
What Do They Do
While fumigation annihilates dry wood termites, a certified applicator’s presence is required prior to throughout and after fumigating and aeration to permit occupancy. Dry wood termites require wood permeating fumigants.
Bugs, flys and mosquitoes are controlled by chemicals prallethrin, and the generally offered rat poisons. Do not utilize them without expert recommendations.
Selecting a Specialist
When buying real estate at far off places or when bug managing the whole house, you require a professional. Keep these points in your mind when choosing one.
1. Take next-door neighbors’ suggestions based on their fulfillment level.
2. Taking hasty choices won’t help as you require professional knowledge; search for one by checking with their previous clients.
3. Examine their authenticity, whether they are registered by the regional authorities or are they members of National Insect Management Association and so on
4. Examine what the guarantees cover and get things in writing.
5. Look for legal constraints on commercial applicators; call Environmental Protection Agency for verification.
6. Be careful of those who offer big discount rates. You want value, not price.